Tastes of Danbury
Sunday, May 01, 2022 - Tuesday, May 31, 2022
12:00 AM - 11:45 PM
El Ranchero / Po-Yo / Parrilla / Xay's Kitchen
Danbury, CT, USA
When CityCenter Danbury throws a party, we go BIG or go HOME!
Did you happen to miss out on last months' Tastes of Danbury? Well don't miss out on our LAST & FINAL month this year, for May is here! For those of you that missed last two months, this is our new and improved food tour of the year!!! Satisfy your hunger from all four of these delicious restaurants from one of our nation's most diverse culinary cities Danbury, CT.
We've planned out the slightly gluttonous itinerary, so all you have to do is put on a pair of eating pants - trust us, you'll need 'em! We have so many awesome restaurants to check out, that we had to split them into multiple months. Keep in mind, these tickets DO NOT roll over from month to month, so make sure you visit all these restaurants by May 31st!!
Are you ready to make your mouth happy with some delicious treats? For the price of just $25 you’ll get to enjoy a special dish at all four (4) of our monthly highlighted restaurants or bakeries. Once a ticket is purchased, you will be emailed four (4) separate tickets - each with the restaurant name attached - which you can print or display from your phone at the time of entry. Only ONE per person, per month - there is a space in the checkout for friends & families names and emails to make bulk purchasing easier!
Below you’ll see the list of restaurants premiered for the month of May, here’s what you have to look forward to this month:
El Ranchero [20 White St.]
Authentic Mexican Restaurant serving the community for over 20 years
Protein Options: Pollo (chicken), Bistec (steak), Plain Cheese, Vegetables
Choose one of the following served with Rice & Beans :
- Quesadilla - Protein of choice , flour tortilla, and cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole & lettuce
- Enchiladas – Three rolled corn tortillas filled with protein of choice. Covered with your choice of sauces:
- Suizas (Green tomatillo sauce and sour cream
- Poblanas ( Mole sauce and onions Contains Peanuts)
- Entomatadas (Red Ranchera sauce and melted cheese)
Po-Yo [274 Main St.]
Dangerously mouthwatering chicken, the newest eatery to open in our city, at Po-Yo we're all about chicken! Rotisserie chicken to be exact. Our succulent chicken has been making mouths water at Empire of the Incas since 2005. Now, it’s left the coop and is taking permanent residence, we're thrilled to welcome you to enjoy the explosion of flavors with a dash of retro-themed fun here at Po-Yo!
Choose one of the following:
- 1/4 Rotisserie Chicken - Served with your choice of TWO sides
- Nacho Man Randee Savage - Black beans, Jalapenos, onions, tomatoes, scallions, black olives, sour cream, avocado, salsa, cheddar & monterey jack cheese
- Quinoa Bunga (quinoa bowl) - Brussel sprouts, avocado, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, chopped omelet, sweet potatoes, cilantro, hummus.
*Veggie option available on Nacho Man Randee Savage & Quinoa Bunga upon request*
Parrilla [5 White St.]
If you're looking for a taste of Caribbean food? Look no further, we specialize in Dominican food that will leave you wanting more! From grilled steak, to rice and beans, tostones, you won't be disappointed.
Choose ONE of the following:
All Meat & Seafood are served with your choice of: rice and beans, fried green plantains (Tostones) or fried sweet plantains (Maduros) w/ salad, french fries w/ salad, sliced baked potato, or vegetables.
- Bistec Encebollado (steak sautéed w/ onions)
- Camarones a la Ajillo (shrimp in garlic sauce)
- Filete de Pescado (fish filet)
- Monfongo de Queso (mashed fried green plantain w/ cheese) *Vegetarian Option*
Xay's Kitchen [35 White St.]
Xay’s Kitchen is a small, family-run Thai/Lao restaurant located in the middle of Danbury, Connecticut. Started by Xay, herself; Laotian mother of two who aspires to share her amazing food with anyone and everyone! Here at Xay’s Kitchen, we are always pleased to help our customers when in need. Need recommendations? Our servers will always be willing to help you choose the best dish for you! We welcome you with open arms. “Please come in and enjoy!”
Choose one of the following:
Protein Options: Chicken, Beef, Shrimp or Vegetables
- Kao Pad - Thai style fried rice combined w/ eggs, carrots, peas, and Thai seasoning. Topped with cilantro and green onions.
- Pad Khing (chicken, Beef or Vegetable) - Sautéed with fresh ginger, onions, scallions, bell peppers, and ear mushroom in bean sauce. Served with side of rice.
- Pad Kee Mao (Chicken, Beef or Vegetable) - Sautéed flat rice noodles sir fried with basil leaves, onions, bell pepper, onion, and hot chili paste.
We can't wait for you to enjoy these wonderful restaurants through our city and get to know our Downtown Danbury more than ever before. Hope you enjoyed your experience; we'll see you again at our next Tastes of Danbury food tour!!!
Ticket Sales Ended
No tickets are available for this event.